Archive for the ‘Services & Associates’ Category
Given that we have two ‘guard-kitties’ here, to ensure the safety and security of your gown, we can understand that your feline/canine/porcine/bovine? family member may be involved in your wedding! And why not outfit them properly!
Recently I officiated for a completely lovable family… Melissa, Adam and their ringbearer Barley. Barley is already dashing with his black ‘n’ white tuxedo colours, and pulled off the role with panache in his outfit! Congrats to all of you, and thanks to Jimmy for the photo!
Several years ago I similarly officiated for Hoann and Jun. Hoann started Cosmopawlitan just as she was planning her wedding, and I was awestruck by her energy and her love of four-legged creatures! By the way, if you have a pet that needs grooming, you’re looking for a rescue or need anything pet-related… she’s amazing
Recently she mentioned that they carry some fun outfits for ‘ringbearers’… and these are SO cute! Here’s an example of his ‘n’ hers, among the many options available:
That pic was in Wedding Essentials magazine, Nov/Dec 2012 edition in their article about couples incorporating pets into weddings. Here’s a link to the event facebook album (the bride & groom were one of a dozen outfits on the catwalk): https://www.facebook.com/
We get asked frequently about short dresses… tea length is a very ‘in’ style for 2013, particularly for destination weddings or less formal occasions! They also have a few great advantages; they’re much less heavy, they’re much cooler to wear, and… no fuss, no bustle… you can simply just dance the night away. Or ride a bike… or… use your imagination to have fun in it!
Recently we gave Belinda Dhubb several older silks… many of which retailed for 4000 Euros or more. They needed some sprucing up, and she focused on the shorter gown market.
Here are some examples!
Dress 1 before: This was a very dated Italian silk… great fabric and a neat design with the handkerchief skirt. After: So fun and flirty – and light!!! The silk organza skirt moves beautifully and some cute flowers were added to the top
Dress 2 before: This poor dress had suffered too much damage from people pulling at the delicate fabric. There was still much that could be used, so we didn’t want to throw it away! Belinda worked her magic on this one! After: I especially love the shoulder detail that she added. The silk organza makes it super soft and supple, and the beading under the empire waist adds a beautiful focal point.
Dress 3 before: This dress was pretty before, but rather plain. After being on the racks for a while, we retired it until we could have a pro give it a second chance. After: I absolutely love the changes that were made. The addition of the asymmetrical floral embroidery is gorgeous, and the lace detailing at the top of the bodice and hem adds softness to the design. The colours now blend perfectly, and this short little number is just sweet!
Dress 4 before: WOW. This is a 4500 Euro dress made of fine Italian silk. But… very dated, almost Victorian in appearance! The transformation is incredible… see below! After: Again, a little more of the floral embroidery was added for interest, and this lovely ’60s inspired piece will find a home fast!
Belinda also included a few trendy pieces for more mature brides who aren’t looking for a full-length gown. Again, high end silks and laces were used to create some beautiful dresses, and these are the end product of her inspired creativity.
In total, we have at least 25 shorter dresses here, and many of the longer gowns can easily be converted!!! If you have any questions related to redesigning a dress, perhaps even your Mum’s gown, give Belinda a call. She can be reached at 905-790-8416 or drop her a line at email@example.com
We’ve all heard about “Trash-the-Dress” shoots, and often we’re asked our opinion. Well… we hate to see a gown that could raise hundreds of dollars (or more) to fight cancer, being ruined for the sake of a fun picture. Don’t trash THAT dress… we’ll give you another one instead! Sometimes salons have older dresses to donate that don’t quite make it to the racks… and we’re happy to trade with you!
In partnership with David Morris Photography, we are offering a special on ‘Trash-the-Dress” shoots that include the dress! David is committed to having fun and (safely) providing you with a very memorable experience. Laughter is required!!!
Here are some of his shots:
#1: A Leap of Faith
#2: Hot Dawg…
#3: Paint by Numbers… by the way, splash painting is apparently becoming a trend for adult parties… my hairdresser told me about a place you can go and splash paint your own masterpiece and do a group canvas as well. Why heck! Why not get together and make some wearable art!!!
You can contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org or give him a call at 416-737-5407. And don’t forget to check out his site because his wedding photography is amazing, and frankly… his packages and prices are unbeatable. He also volunteers with a charity called “Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep“, providing photographic memories for parents who lose a baby.
BE A PART OF THE FUN!!! WINTER TOBOGGAN SHOOT!
Whether you are a bride or not, you’re also welcome to take part in the fun. We’re all doing the snow dance, and hoping to do a shoot in Riverdale Park with brides on toboggans!!! Given that Mother Nature is rather fickle, we may not have a lot of notice, but we invite you to take part. It will likely be a weekday night, from 6pm onwards, assembling at our store. We provide crins/veils/toboggans, for the shoot, and all you have to do is come with a smile and desire to ride the best hill in Toronto!!! Send us your name, phone number and email address to email@example.com and specify TOBOGGAN in the subject line.
Sometimes our dresses are used for something a little different… and it’s pretty neat to see them in action Kevin Fox and his wife Sarah took this fabulous shot down near the Flatiron building on Front St. for their advertisement in Today’s Bride Magazine. Check it out! The bride isn’t chopped off at the knees… there is literally that much dress. And if she extended her arm, it would look like she was touching the top of the CN Tower!
As you’ll notice above, Kevin and Sarah own WeClick Photography, and their contact number is 647-799-9954. You can also see some of Kevin’s amazing work at Fox Photography. Check ‘em out if you’re looking for an extremely talented photo duo!
This is a guest post by Sarah Ramsden MA CNP NNCP.
Your wedding day is sure to be one where looking and feeling your best is most important. Preparing for this day and your lifetime ahead 0f you with your partner. Take a natural approach with these tips!
We are all unique. Learn how to lose weight effectively, sustainably, and healthfully in a way that works for YOU. Your wedding day might be your motivator, but long-term health should be your ultimate goal.
- Eating low fat to lose weight is a myth. Eating healthy fats such as olive oil, coconut products,avocado, or nuts & seeds with quality protein at every meal will make you feel full longer.
- Choosing low glycemic foods helps keeps blood sugar low, which in turn keeps the “store fat” hormone (insulin) low, and the “burn fat” hormone (glucagon) higher.
- Your body expects nutrients to come from food. When they don’t, it sends a signal to tell you to keep eating until it receives them. Eat whole, un-processed foods to maximize nutrient density.
- Lifestyle factors such as stress and lack of sleep can hinder weight loss efforts.
- Underlying health conditions can make it harder to lose weight.
There’s only so much a facial and a make up artist can do—truly glowing skin comes from the inside.
- If your digestion is not optimal, your skin is going to show the signs. Indigestion, constipation,and poor absorption of nutrients all need to be tackled to get glowing skin.
- It may sound clichéd, but you actually ARE what you eat. Eating nutrient dense, whole foods will provide your skin with the building blocks it needs to build healthy skin right down to the cellular level.
- While eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin can be tackled topically, you will get the best results by working from the inside out. This starts with optimal digestion, and the consumption of healthy fats and probiotics.
- Factors that contribute to acne are oily skin, hormonal imbalances, menstruation cycles,candidiasis and medications.
- Food sensitivities and allergies can contribute to skin problems. An elimination diet can help you discover what those might be.
Learn how you can have steady energy throughout the day by making the right food choices.
- If your energy levels fluctuate throughout the day, you “crash” at 3pm, or get irritable and experience uncontrollable hunger if you miss a meal, you may be having blood sugar regulation problems.
- Eating a diet of whole foods higher in protein, healthy fats, and fibre, and low in packaged, processed foods and sugars, can help you maintain constant energy.
- If you feel tired and heavy after eating a fatty or protein-rich meal you may be struggling to digest them. This can be aided with dietary changes and simple digestive supplementation.
- Caffeine, alcohol and tobacco cause large swings in blood sugar levels, which can ultimately cause drowsiness and fatigue.
Learn how to support your body nutritionally so you can be cool, calm and collected while preparing for your big day, and far beyond.
- Stress is not all in your mind. Long-term stress can tire out your body’s stress-management mechanisms and can cause deficiencies in the very nutrients that feed your body’s ability to handle stress.
- Fatigue, weakness, dizziness, excessive perspiration, food cravings, allergies, being startled by sudden noises, and exhaustion from emotional upset are all signs of poor physiological stress management.
- Refined carbohydrates in the diet such as sugar and white flour deplete many of the nutrients required for stress management.
- Lifestyle changes such as stress-management techniques, adequate sleep, and proper exercise that does not increase stress on your system are important strategies to adopt.
Are you interested in being a Healthy Bride? Holistic Nutritionist Sarah Ramsden MA CNP NNCP offers free 15 minute consultations to see how you can start on the path to looking and feeling your best for the big day, and healthy and vibrant for many years beyond. To book an appointment with her at the Liberty Clinic call 416-591-1123.
You can learn more about her approach to health at:
About Sarah Ramsden:
The Bride’s Projects mission to raise money to fight cancer through the sale of pre-loved wedding dresses is one that is close to my heart. A mere five months after my wedding in Banff, everything changed when I was diagnosed with a brain tumour. Luckily a meningioma is non-malignant and I recovered over several months from the surgery that removed it. Finding a new home for my dress couldn’t have been further from my mind at the time, but when I stumbled across The Bride’s Project I knew it was the perfect place for it.
This life changing experience led me down a different career path, and today I practice as a Holistic Nutritionist where I help others achieve their health goals through traditional food, and lifestyle choices. I believe there is more to health than just the absence of disease. You should feel energetic, alert, happy and confident. Everyone is unique, and whether you are feeling run down and not your best, want to lose weight, deal with stress better, or have a diagnosis you are not willing to let rule your life, you can do something about it.
Summer has begun! Time to get outside with your beloved, and while you’re out there, why not have some photos taken while you frolick in the sunshine?
Local photographers Trevor & Larissa have a current promotion for a personalized Summer Love Lifestyle Session anywhere in the GTA!
SUMMER LOVE SESSIONS - $400 +hst
- A 1-2 hour session in the GTA with Trevor & Larissa at a location of your choice: something
that is meaningful to you as a couple and truly reflects your style.
- Includes an archival, colour corrected, high resolution DVD of your files, watermark free!
- A password protected online viewing gallery to share with family & friends.
- Sessions must be shot before the end of June to qualify.
All you need to do to take advantage is contact us and schedule your session between now and the end of June!
- Trevor & Larissa